TANDEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Women's Skydiving Leadership Network is offering the scholarship opportuni
Bruno Brokken hasn't had a cutaway in 25 years! As a professional full-time cameraman that's some record!!
We asked Bruno if he could share some tips with Skydive Mag readers, on how to avoid cutaways…
I don’t really have a secret, but here’s 5 things that probably helped me to be so long without cutting away…
1. Jump docile canopies (like my 7-cell Spectre) as much as possible.
2. Pack properly (my last cutaway in '93 was a line-over, probably pulled some lines of the tail over the leading edge while packing)
3. Body position on opening and learning to react quickly to unusual openings, like line twists for example.
4. Do a proper line check when you have any doubts, like when the canopy falls down in no wind landings or you picked it up in an unusual way.
5. Use rubber bands with proper tension…
… and number 6: some luck I guess!