Grip Strength Workout
AXIS Flight School is trying something new during the COVID-19 shutdown…
Grip Strength Exercises
Since jumpers and tunnel flyers are grounded for a while, AXIS is giving workout related videos a try on its YouTube channel. The new content is intended to support physical skills relevant to skydiving, rather than focusing on aesthetics.
In the first video above, we cover the topic of grip strength and share some of the exercises we do to stay in jumping shape.
Why work on grip strength?
There are numerous ways that strong and tough hands are beneficial to skydiving:
- holding onto the aircraft and mock-up while setting up for an exit,
- formation skydiving, especially during exits and spinning blocks,
- manipulating canopy inputs,
- packing parachutes, and
- AFF and tunnel instructors who assist their students in safely completing a skill.
In order to develop grip strength, you can try a variety of exercises from our workout routine. By providing variation of each exercise, you can choose the intensity that is right for you.
- AXIS Skydiving App - 26th May 2020
- Lockdown Workout – Flare Skills - 15th May 2020
- Lockdown Workout – Grip Strength - 1st May 2020
- Foundations of Flight: KITING - 28th August 2018
We love skydiving, love flying, love coaching, and we want to share our enthusiasm of the sport with you! Whether you want to work on canopy, fly in the tunnel, or polish your freefall skills: we have the tools and coaching methods for you.
We are more than happy to discuss your needs and goals in order to enhance your skydiving experience. Contact us – your AXIS Coaches™ Brianne and Niklas – to find out what personalized coaching packages would work best for you.